Monday 29th June 2020
Good morning everyone. Welcome to Ice Cream week!
The first story for today's activities is Gorilla Loves Vanilla by Chae Strathie & Nicola O'Byrne. https://youtu.be/fK00-9mdpkU
- What’s your favourite flavour of ice-cream?
- What flavour ice cream would these animals like best; a rabbit, a monkey, a horse?
- Think of rhyming words for these animals; dog, pig, cat, cow, mouse, frog.
Tuesday 30th June 2020
Today's activities are based on the story 'There's Broccoli in my Ice Cream! by Emily MacKenzie. https://youtu.be/3Aa9T4qifyM
- In the story, Granville doesn’t like vegetables. What’s your favourite vegetable?
- Make a picture at home with different numbers of ice cream scoops (see photo). Can you get all the way to 10? Can you write or trace over the numbers?
- Make an ice cream smoothie https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/strawberry-ice-cream-shake
Wednesday 1st July 2020
The story for today is Curious George and the Ice Cream Surprise. A Margret & H.A.Rey's story written by Monica Perez. https://youtu.be/Wv2m-sQQu2A
Daily Three Things are:
- Set up an ice cream parlour at home.
- Count out some pennies to use for your role play.
- Make some props to use - different flavour ice creams, toppings.