Monday 18th January 2021
Good morning everyone, it's Monday again!
This week we are learning about farm animals. We love visiting the farm, can you remember a trip to the farm? Can you share your memories with someone in your family?
Today's story is 'A Squash and a Squeeze' by Julia Donaldson & Axel Scheffler. https://youtu.be/Imzv137-uYA
Daily Three Things;
1) Play the Down on The Farm jigsaw puzzle game - https://www.bbc.co.uk/games/embed/gxpx2s43tj?exitGameUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fcbeebies%2Fpuzzles%2Fdown-on-the-farm-jigsaw
2) Make a farm animal from resources you have at home.
3) Name the animals in the story. Which animal is the largest? Which animal is the smallest?
Tuesday 19th January 2021
Today's three things;
1) Cosmic Yoga (Farm) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKmRB2Z3g2s
2) Complete the rhyme sheet.
3) Sing ‘Old MacDonald Had a Farm’
Have a great day!
Wednesday 20th January 2021
Today's story is 'The Three Little Pigs' by Nick Sharratt & Stephen Tucker - https://youtu.be/DV1S1mYbpR4
Three daily things are;
1) Story questions - What was the strongest house built out of? What did the wolf land in when he came down the chimney? Can you think of a different story which has a big bad wolf in?
2) Make 3 different houses for your toy animals. You could use boxes and decorate them differently or you could use different materials for each one.
3) Watch Numberblocks, Three Little Pigs - https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08cqtk0/numberblocks-series-1-three-little-pigs
Thursday 21st January 2021
Morning everyone, hope you're all okay if you're at home. Please can you get in touch (if you haven't already) so that I know you're all okay? Also please let me know if you'd like a live meet at some point. We could plan something using Zoom. Email me - email@example.com, or reply to today's Tweet (@RBPSNursery), or add something to the Evidence Me Parent Postcard section.
Three Daily Things;
1) Make a cosy den, like a barn and fill it with your favourite toy animals.
2) Make an egg carton number box. Write numbers 1-6 inside and place a button/bead/counter/marble in the box. Close the lid, give it a shake and look inside to see what number the marker has landed on. See if your child can recognise the numbers.
3) Farm 'I Spy' sheet.
Friday 22nd January 2021
Morning everyone, what a lovely sunny day! Thank goodness the rain has stopped.
Today's story is 'Fergus the Farmyard Dog' by Tony Maddox. https://youtu.be/gCPMwOpYCNc
Three Daily Things
1) Play the Farm animal sounds listening game - https://t.co/B4JgFDegOt?amp=1
2) Find 5 things in your house beginning with ‘d’.
3) Decorate some fairy cakes to look like farmyard animals.