Monday 11th January 2021
Good morning everyone. Hope you all had a lovely weekend. This week we are learning about pets. At school we have a pet shop role play area, lots of colouring pictures and stories and non-fiction books in the reading area.
The story for today is The Great Pet Sale by Mick Inkpen
Three Daily Things are:
1) Make your own pet shop with your toys. Put price labels on them and play shops.
2) Can you think of 5 things that rhyme with ‘rat’.
3) Do you have pets? Send us a photo and tell us about them.
Tuesday 12th January 2021
Morning all! Daily three things today;
1) Watch Topsy and Tim, Pet Rabbit - https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0499mzj/topsy-and-tim-series-2-2-new-pet
2) Make your own pet puppy!
3) Count the ‘things beginning with p’ from the story.
Wednesday 13th January 2021
Today's story is Dog Biscuit by Helen Cooper - https://youtu.be/PF0n9uEbI18
Morning, three daily things today are;
1) Play the sound song game ‘Three Small Pets’. Can the children make the missing sound of the third pet in the sequence? Change the pets to explore other sounds. You could use pictures or toys to help the children. The words are in the attached word document and there is also a sound file. The tune is 'Three Blind Mice'.
Thursday 14th January 2021
Three daily things;
1) Make your own human being biscuits! (Gingerbread men )
2) Play the CBeebies Waffle Doggy game https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/games/waffle-the-wonder-dog-puppy-playtime?collection=fun-activities-for-toddlers-and-preschoolers
3) Have a pretend picnic with your toy pets.
Friday 15th January 2021
Hello, today's story is My Best Friend, Bob by Georgie Ripper. https://youtu.be/I9mHVn63NuQ
Three daily things are;
1) Find out about Mrs Campbell's guinea pig pets, watch the video here https://youtu.be/0FYw-T14Ydo
2) What are your favourite foods? What do guinea pigs like to eat? What do dogs like to eat? What do lizards like to eat?
3) Look at the Numicon pieces in the photo – which one matches the number of legs on a spider? Which one matches the number of legs a dog has? Which Numicon piece has the same number of holes as a ladybird has legs? Which Numicon piece matches the number of wings on a parrot?